Real Education Group fully acknowledges the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data, in whatever capacity you communicate or cooperate with us, including, but not limited to, former or active partners, mentors, employees, suppliers or third parties.
Your personal data includes any information that may lead, either directly or in conjunction with other information to your identification as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
This category includes data such as your name, VAT number, social security number, your physical and email addresses, your fixed telephony and mobile numbers, bank/debit/prepaid cards, your email addresses, rating information, your internet search history (log files, cookies, etc.), and any other information that allows your unique identification in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2016/679) and the relevant Greek legislation in force and the decisions of the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA).
Who we are
Real Education Group is a privately-owned network of language centres around Greece, operating under a central management and aiming to reach over 80% of the country by 2022.
The Group’s headquarters are located in Athens
2 Nikos Str. (Behind PUBLIC)
Tel: +30 210.3242281-2-3-4-5-6 (6 Lines)
Where we collect your personal data from
Real Education Group will always require from you for the minimum required by the law personal data in order to provide our services, including, but not limited to, name, surname, e-mail address, invoicing postal address, a billing method that may also include credit card details, account number in case of remittance, and other details related to the services that have been provided.
We mainly receive your personal data in order to perform our contractual agreement with you either as a user of our services or/and as our supplier and/or as a visitor to our website.
We retain your personal data only for as long as is required by the contractual terms of each service, along with the applicable fiscal, tax and other legislation in force, based on the purpose of the processing, and then the data is anonymised or destroyed.
We do not collect any personal data for children under the age of 16.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
Real Education Group process your personal data for one or more of the following legitimate reasons:
- To sign and perform a contract and carry out our contractual obligations
- To comply with a legal obligation and fulfil our tax, accounting and reporting obligations
- To serve our and third party legitimate business interests. Legitimate interest is when we have a business reason to use your information. But even then, such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals, for example:
- To provide you with effective service and support
- To respond to your requests
- To improve the security and usability of our website
- To execute transactions with you
- To keep you updated on the evolution of our services
- To file your complaints
• Provided that you have given us your consent
• As long as we have received a valid consent you have freely provided, the lawfulness of such processing is based on that consent.
How we share your data
In the course of the performance of our contractual and legal obligations your personal data may be provided to various service providers and suppliers. Those service providers and suppliers are bound by Data Processing Agreements, and they are obliged to safeguard confidentiality and data protection according to GDPR. Such service providers and suppliers may be:
• External legal consultants
• Financial and business consultants
• IT companies and communication providers
• Certified public accountants – auditors and accountants
• Insurance agencies, etc.
In any case, we take the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is transferred, stored and processed in accordance with the appropriate security standards and in accordance with the terms of this Policy and the applicable data protection regulations.
Transfers of Data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Your personal data may be transferred to third countries (i.e. countries outside of the European Economic Area) based on our contractual obligations or because you have given us your consent to do so. Processors in third countries are obligated to comply with the European data protection standards and to provide appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer of your data in accordance with GDPR Article 46.
We will process and store your Personal Data for the duration of our relationship with you, and as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
We will delete your data:
• When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected and processed
• Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring us to maintain that information
• When it is not necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations
• Upon the withdrawal of your consent in case that the collection and process of your personal data was based on your consent.
Automated decision and Profiling
In executing our activities, we do not use any automated decision-making.
How we use your personal data for marketing activities
We may process your personal data to notify you about our programs and events. The personal data that we process for this purpose consists of information you provide to us and data we collect when you use our services. We can only use your personal data to promote our services to you if we have your consent to do so or if we consider that it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Your data protection rights
You have the following rights in terms of your personal data:
• The right to request access to your Personal Data, you can ask to receive a copy of your data and to check if they are lawfully processed. In order to receive this copy you can fill in the form included in our website (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• The right to have your Personal Data corrected. This provides you with the right to correct any missing or incorrect data
• The right to have your Personal Data erased (right to be forgotten). This provides you with the right to have your personal data erased in case there is no legitimate reason for us to continue processing them
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data (right to object) when we rely on a legitimate interest, but there is something particular about you that makes you want to oppose processing for that reason. If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data for those purposes
• You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if they are processed for direct marketing purposes. This also includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes
• The right to restrict the processing of your personal data. You have the right to request from us to restrict the processing of your personal data i.e. to use them only in certain instances
• The right to receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in order to transmit the data to a third party. You also have the right to request from us to directly transmit your personal data to another party (data portability)
• The right to withdraw your consent you gave to us in order to process your personal data at any time. Please note that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn by you
In order to exercise your rights, you can contact the company or fill in the form included in our website (email@example.com).
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Before you submit a complaint, you should contact with us and exercise the above-mentioned rights stipulated in GDPR. If we don’t satisfy your request or you feel that your concerns have not been properly addressed by us, you have the right to submit a complaint at the Hellenic Data Protection Authority at www.dpa.gr
Personal data security
We at Real Education have trained and responsible employees, and we recognise the importance of protecting privacy and all your personal information. To that end, we have appropriate security policies and we use the appropriate technical and organisational measures such as anonymisation, pseudonymisation, data encryption, firewalls, access levels, employee authorisation levels, training, and periodic inspections.
This Policy was published by Real Education on 14/07/2020 and is subject to periodic improvement and review. Any changes to this Policy will apply to the information collected from the date of publication of the revised version and to the existing information we hold. The use of our website after the publication of changes, implies acceptance by you of these changes.